Sunday, August 30, 2015

Week 1 Curation

Because of all the pointless, absurd, or just flat-out incorrect information that covers the internet, it's becoming increasingly more important to know how to sift through all the crap to find good online resources. Then again, if you're looking for crap, you'll be able to find that without a problem.

Regardless, once good resources are found, it's also a task to remember them all. That's why bookmarking them is one of the best ways to keep track of all the abundant resources for school and life in general. For instance, at the top of my browser are bookmarks for D2L, Ozone, Nursing school applications, my Chegg account, and Netflix. Honestly, that just about sums up my life right now; you can tell a lot about someone by looking at their priority bookmarks. But up until this post, I didn't even realize you could add folders and organize your sites better that way.

Now, I am familiar with both Twitter and Pinterest, although I don't have a Pinterest. I use Twitter quite frequently, but very rarely for school purposes (but that can definitely change for this class). For Pinterest, my impression was it was mostly a site for girls to post pictures of creative and artsy things that they wanted/wished they could make. Obviously I now know I'm wrong, and I just might use it if it could help me be successful in the class.

Overall, I can't really think of any other strategies that I use to organize my online resources. But I'm sure as the semester goes on, I'll be enlightened as to how to organize them better, either through experience or from reading someone's post! But until then, it seems like bookmarking is the best way to go!




(Image information: Organizing resources into files can provide easier and quicker access.
Source: Pixabay)



No comments:

Post a Comment