Thursday, August 27, 2015

Introduction

Hello everyone,

My name is Peter Guzman, and I am a senior here at OU. I am originally from Tulsa, Oklahoma, but I am beginning to call Oklahoma City and Norman my new home. I am studying Health and Exercise Science, and want to purse a nursing degree hopefully at the Health Sciences Center. I would want to be either a traveling nurse or a pediatric nurse, or both if possible. I am one of nine kids, so family has always been important to me. My nieces and nephews are the biggest joys in my life, and I relish every chance I get to go back home to see them and my siblings and parents. I enjoy watching and playing sports, especially basketball and soccer. I’ve played soccer almost all my life, and now I am becoming a coach. I've always been a tall and goofy, laid-back guy, and it takes a lot to get me upset or angry. I currently work for a high-end men’s clothing store in downtown Oklahoma City. It’s not really what I want to do with my life, but I do appreciate the opportunity and the experience.

My biggest struggle I can see for this semester especially is my Human Anatomy class and lab. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great class (or so I’ve heard), but I’ve also heard it takes over your life. But I am looking forward to what I get to learn from it. This online class, however, is a blessing since I get to manage my work on my time so it does not really clash with my study time.

My hobbies include reading, playing video games, and other nerdy things. If I had to choose, my favorite food would be sushi since I can eat it pretty much every day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Since I can’t think of anything else to say, I’ll just end it here!

Looking forward to a great semester!





Pictured: Human chest anatomy. Source: Wikipedia






7 comments:

  1. I am from Tulsa too!! As well as a Health and Exercise Science major. I took anatomy last semester and while it was a very hard class, I loved it. I would take it again for fun if I could. Second Order is very important, make friends to study with, go to open lab as often as possible, and action center worksheets will change your life. While I am not a fan of sushi, sports and reading are numbers 1 and 2 on top list of things to do. It makes me happy that you want to work with kids because I want to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peter! Oh my gosh, you have so many siblings! I am an only child so I could not fathom having so many siblings. I give you all the kudos because I would probably go insane. As for the Human Anatomy class, I've heard that the Action Tutoring/Centers for that class can be super beneficial for you. I've never taken it, but I have had friends that have and they say that tutoring made it a bit easier for them to manage it. I hope the class goes well for you and you have a good semester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Peter. Nice to meet you. I think that is so great how much you love seeing your nieces and nephews, I can totally relate. My niece just turned 1 and she is all the way in Dallas. I love getting to go home and see her. Sushi is also my favorite food. I could eat it for every meal. What is your favorite sushi place in Norman? I think mine is 180 Meridian. I hope you have an awesome semester and your Anatomy class isn’t too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Peter nice to meet you! You have a pretty big family and it is good that you treasure them so much. My family have recently moved out of state so it will be difficult for me to visit them but I love them just as much. My girlfriend is also going for HES as well. I have heard a lot about the Human Anatomy class and my girlfriend took it here at OU last semester and didn’t do as well as she wanted so she’s taking it at OCCC. Good luck in that class! I look forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you are not the only person in Human Anatomy this semester, Peter... but now I cannot remember the name of the other person who wrote about how that class is going to take over her life! Let me see if I can find her post again... here it is! Ann-Marie is in Myth-Folklore too:
    My Growth Mindset Challenge in Human Anatomy

    Maybe the two of you can strategize together... or at least provide sympathy! And I am glad if this class can provide a good study break and study boost, without anatomical stress! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Peter!
    That's so cool that you want to be a nurse! When I came to OU I wanted to do something in the medical field, but my I found my calling in TV News when I joined OU Nightly. One of my roommates is majoring in HES and she took anatomy a few semesters ago. She really enjoyed it even though it was time consuming. I only have one bother so I don't know what it's like to have a big family, but I can imagine that it's never boring! Good luck with anatomy and I look forward to reading your stories this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Peter!

    It sounds like you would make a wonderful pediatric nurse! It's awesome that you enjoy spending time with your family. That's one of my favorite things to do. Going home is always something that I look forward to, no matter the time of the year. Anatomy sounds like an interesting and fun class! My roommate took it last year and loved it. She did have to study a lot, but she loved what she was learning. I hope you do, too!

    ReplyDelete