Thursday, August 27, 2015

Storybook Favorites

The first project that caught my attention was Monster Hunter. The title itself intrigued me, and as I read the introduction, it was pretty clear what the project was about. The author was creative in his Introduction, as he presents himself as an old and seasoned monster hunter telling stories about his many scars. The Storybook consisted of four monsters that the author apparently hunted when he was a younger man. The monsters included a vampire, dragon, ogre, and a wolf, all of which came from stories from previous Units. The layout consisted of a dark cabin-like room with the only light coming from a fireplace, and it definitely seemed fitting of the author’s theme. Overall, I enjoyed his Storybook.

The second Storybook I looked at was called Deeper into the Forest of the Brothers Grimm. I chose to look at this Storybook because of my interest in the stories written by the Brothers. I learned quickly from the introduction that I will learn plenty of details about these stories when I read them. The author wrote the intro very well, in a way that made me place myself into the Dark Forest. The Storybook continued by flashing back to the events that took place before the Introduction, which were of course based on Grimm stories. The layout seemed appropriate, seeing as it had wood as the background. But I thought it could have been a bit darker and less plain. But still, the writing made up for it, and overall it was pretty enjoyable.


The last Storybook that intrigued me was one called Hotel California. This one was definitely my favorite out of the projects I read through. The whole Storybook was written as one long horror story that takes place a hotel. The author’s Introduction presents a young couple that has to check into a hotel for the night, and the receptionist tells them about the creepy events that have taken place there. They take it for fun, until things start happening to them! The author tells the story of the couple through other ghost stories, horror movies, and urban legends. The layout is a bit lighter than I expected, but still appropriate. I greatly enjoyed this project. 

All three of these projects definitely sparked my interest, and reading through the other Storybooks gets me a little excited to do it! I'm definitely looking forward to this project!


Here is a photo from the last story of Hotel California:

Image information: Ghost silouette; Source: TTDesign

No comments:

Post a Comment